Course - Six Sigma Green Belt
Six Sigma Green BeltOverview
Six Sigma Green Belt course focuses on providing students with an understanding of the various Six Sigma tools and techniques useful to improve the production process and minimize defects in the end product with a greater focus on the practical implementation of these tool and techniques in the organization.
Certification Exam Format
- Multiple Choice
- 90 questions per exam
- One mark awarded for every right answer
- No negative marks for wrong answers
- 120 minutes duration
- Proctored online exam
This course is highly recommended for employees and organizations requiring a standardized approach to problem solving for the purpose of continuous improvement in Quality Management.
Preferably Six Sigma Yellow Belt (But Not Mandatory)
- When you apply for the Six Sigma Green Belt certification, you get access to a free online course
- If you are looking for classroom training before certification, please refer to Training section to find a Registered Education Provider in your place.
What is Sig Sigma?
Six Sigma is a data driven, customer focused, and result oriented methodology which uses statistical tools and techniques to systematically eliminate the defects and inefficiencies to improve processes. It is a systematic method to measure and analyze the business processes to identify critical factors affecting business results, thereby improving the processes and establishing controls around the improved processes.
Six sigma is a widely accepted quality concept in the corporate world today. Six Sigma started its journey in the 1980s as a data driven method to reduce variation in electronic manufacturing processes in Motorola Inc. in the USA. Six Sigma became famous when Jack Welch made it vital to his successful business strategy at General Electric in 1995. Today it is used as a business performance improvement methodology all over the world in diverse industry including general manufacturing, construction, banking and finance, healthcare, education, government, KPO/BPO, IT/ Software. At present IT/ ITES sector companies are dynamically implementing Six Sigma and it is no more confined into manufacturing sector.
The term ‘six sigma’ comes from statistics and is used in statistical quality control (SQC) which evaluates process capability i.e. the numerical measure of the ability of a process to meet the customer specifications. It was originated from terminology associated with manufacturing which refers the ability of manufacturing process to produce a very high proportion of output within specifications. The sigma rating of a process indicates its yield or percentage of defect-free outputs it produces. A six sigma process is the one which produces 99.99966% statistically defect-free outputs which is equivalent to 3.4 defects per million opportunities (DPMO).
Six sigma uses a set of quality management and statistical methods and creates a team of experts within the organization (Executive Leadership, Champions, Black belt, Green Belt, Yellow Belt etc.) having specific skill sets required to carry out the six sigma project. Each six sigma project carried out within an organization follows a defined sequence of phases with quantifiable value targets e.g. reduction in process cycle time, reduce cost, increase in quality rating/ customer satisfaction index, reduction is defect rate.
Road Map of a Six Sigma project:
- Identify the areas of improvement
- Define the problem statement and goals for improvement in quantifiable terms (i.e. which can be measured numerically)
- Determine the resources required for the project
- Formulate a project deliverables timeline in a phased manner
- Establish performance parameters/ metrics
- Gather baseline information about the process
- Validate measurement system for the process output (Y)
- Examine the data collected in the earlier phase to determine a prioritized list of sources variation
- Explore potential causes (potential X’s for causation) and determine the impact of each X has on the response Y
- Determine the optimum level of vital few X’s
- EValidate measurement system for X’s
- Verify process improvement
- Develop control mechanism to ensure sustenance of the improved process
Some of benefits of Six Sigma are given below:
- Six Sigma helps companies to reduce cost and improve productivity
- Six Sigma improves quality of projects output by reduction of inefficiencies and defects
- Six Sigma increases customer satisfaction, and loyalty
- Certified Six Sigma Professionals can help increasing ROI significantly
Why get Six Sigma Certified?
6sigmastudy's widely accepted certifications help individuals and organizations complete projects with greater efficiency, increase ROI and customer satisfaction.
Many organizations around the globe adopted Six Sigma and Lean to increase quality of the outputs and to reduce cost by means of reducing defects and removing inefficiencies. There are numerous benefits of adopting Six Sigma.
Growing popularity and acceptability of Six Sigma and Lean has created a great demand for certified professionals in the job market. Grab the opportunity and join this growing community.
Six Sigma and Lean certified professionals help organizations with improved level of project management that leads to increased ROI.
6sigmastudy Certification Hierarchy
6sigmastudy certified professionals help organizations with improved level of processes and quality outputs that lead to increased ROI. They have knowledge pertaining to and can anticipate issues related to the practical implementation of Six Sigma.
- 40 Hours of Extensive Learning on DMAIC
- 30 PDUs
- 106 real world examples
- 64 End of Lesso Quizzes
- 4 Industry based case studies
- Excluisve Versions of Glossary and Acronyms related to Six Sigma
- Describe the basics of Six Sigma
- Describe the activities of the Define phase
- Explain the tasks performed in the Measure phase
- Perform data analysis and hypothesis testing in the Analyze phase
- Identify the possible improvement actions for the performance of variations in the Improve phase
- Define efficient operating levels for KPIV and KPOV in the Control phase
How do I become a Certified Six Sigma Green Belt professional?
- 1) Transform2Grow is offering the certification in partnership with Simplilearn.
- 2) Within 2 months of training completion, participant needs to appear for the examination.
- 3)For appearing in the examination, please send an e mail at firstname.lastname@example.org specifying the date on which you wish to appear for the exam. The link of the examination will be shared with the candidate on the exam date. Once the candidate has passed the examination, e-certificate will be shared within 2 weeks.
- 4)For getting certified by ASQ, candidate will have to appear for the ASQ Certified Six Sigma Green Belt exam and score a minimum of 550 points out of 750 total points.
CSSGB training is suitable for:
Quality System Managers, Supervisors, Operations Managers, Finance and Commercial Managers, and professionals who want to apply the methodologies and quality control process within an organization.